Monday 28 June 2010

So Long Sydney!!!

So just over 3 months into my Oz adventure and it's time to say goodbye to Sydney and more importantly work! I've loved the job at Bankwest, it was a perfect role and time frame, but working on average just under 50hrs a week for 9 weeks and only occasionally not having to go in over a weekend has meant that now that my last day is tomorrow.......I cant wait!!

The job has introduced me to alot of people, and not just people who will be good work contacts in the future but people I would love to stay in touch with after I move on and even once Im back home too. The cash i've earned from this job (just under $10k!!!) will mean that my travelling is funded for quite a while (hopefully), so all in all the Bankwest job has been great!


Due to the fact that the project im working on is nearing its conclusion, the Bankwest team were all taken out last Thursday to a great restaurant/Steakhouse in the city called "Chophouse". Its a great venue and well known for its amazing steaks, so I went for the wagyu beef steak and I dont think I've ever/will ever taste another steak like it! Absolutely amazing! It wasnt cheap, but being a work dinner it was on the company, so that steak plus many other bottles of top drawer red wine were consumed. After the meal the hardcore lot (as it was a Thursday after all) moved on to 2 more bars and I rolled in to bed at about 3am!! I also rolled into work the next day with a hangover too, but I wasnt the only 1!!! Unfortunately for me this meant going out on my last Friday night in Sydney with all my old and new Sydney friends (that I'd arranged in the week) was going to be hard work! However, as it was my last night and didnt want to be a whingeing pomme, I sucked it up and went out! It was a great night and didnt end well into Saturday morning, but it was a great send off and wanna thank everyone for coming along if your reading this. You've made my time in Sydney extremely bearable (even enjoyable at times) and when I head back I'll be in touch!

So looking forwards, my first stop on my trip round Oz is Darwin! As Darwin is extremely north, I firstly need to fly from Sydney to Melbourne (I take off at 1.20pm Thursday) and then fly on from there to Darwin (8pm take off) and will land in Darwin at midnight! I then have the weekends accommodation sorted in Darwin itself and then as of Monday plan to head out into Kakadu national park, Australia's biggest, and stay there through the week. I'll be taking lots of pics so dont worry about that, bt will probably put most on facebook as its alot easier than uploading them on here. I then have a flight to Brisbane booked for 1.30am on the next Saturday (the 10th July) and land around 6.30am. The main reason to jump across to Brisbane is to meet my old Personal Trainer from London, Trystan, who is randomly over here in Oz doing the same thing as me, so once we meet up around 10am we will be jumping on a train down the coast to a place called Surfers Paradise for a long weekend, staying in a 5* hotel (we got a cheap deal). So I can see that being good fun! Trystan has a job just outside Sydney so when he heads back on Tuesday I will go back to Brisbane and stay in the city in the week and with an old Fitch colleague at the weekend. Im also gonna try and catch up with my sister's friend Claire who is over here as she lives in Brisbane too.

After all of the above it will be Monday the 19th of July, and where I go after that.........is up to me!!! So i'll keep you all posted on what I get upto, and also what I decide on doing after! I'll probably head north up the East coast, but we'll see.

A final Thankyou for all the help and hospitality i've received in Sydney! Its a great place and im sure i'll be back to catch up with you all soon.

So long Sydney...............Hello Darwin!!

P.S No need to mention the football really, but at least I dont need to keep getting up for the 4.30am games now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment